When you think of excellence, what is the first thing that comes to mind? Who’s the first person that comes to mind? Is it you? If not, why not?
Perhaps you need to change how you view yourself! We all should view ourselves as excellent people.
You should start each day expecting only the best from yourself.
You can do this by putting your best foot forward and being the best you can be in every part of your life. Practicing being your best each day can soon turn into a rewarding habit!
If you feel that striving for excellence is a lot of work, you’ll be delighted to discover that you can use techniques to seamlessly integrate the process into your everyday life.
Discovering the excellence within you can be easier than you have ever imagined.
Overcoming Self Doubt
Many of us doubt ourselves way too much! To find out if doubt is stalling your search for excellence, think about these questions:
- Do you find yourself doubting whether or not you can live up to your own or other people’s expectations?
- When you have the opportunity to do great things, does something stop you from following through?
- Does your negative internal dialogue keep you from enjoying your successes?
If you are nodding your head and answering “Yes” to these questions, using affirmations can silence the doubt and give you the confidence to embrace excellence.
How Can Affirmations Help?
Affirmations are simple statements that prompt you to move forward and embrace behaviors or attitudes you desire.
For example, affirmations for success allow you to reprogram the way you think about success, and particularly how you relate to success. Success affirmations let you replace self-doubt with statements like, “I see each success throughout my journey,” or “I am on the path to great success.”
- When you learn to use affirmations, finding success can be as simple as saying, “I am already a winner!”
Many people who use affirmations for success consider these statements to be self-fulfilling prophecies. You are reaffirming the phrase and making it real every time you say it aloud.
Even if you’re too hard on yourself because you’re a perfectionist, or if you simply don’t believe in yourself, you can teach yourself to see excellence in everything you do.
The great thing about this mind reprogramming is that it doesn’t have to cost money. Many people buy books and pay counselors to change their lives, but success still eludes them. Then they blame the books and counselors for bad advice. But do you know the real reason why things stay the same for them?
Their life doesn’t change because they don’t affirm what’s being taught. Their thought processes don’t change and therefore their views of life and self don’t change.
- If you truly want to change your life, affirmations are your key to unlocking your excellence.
The Affirmation Process
How do you use affirmations to change your life? Follow these steps:
- Obtain a list of affirmations.
- Choose the ones that speak to your heart the most.
- Repeat them aloud at least three times a day and more often if possible.
- Pin them up around the house / office, to remind you.
- Apply them to your life every day.
You can reaffirm these statements when you are in search of excellence, for a boost of confidence, or to give you the courage to take the right actions for your success.
Remind yourself that you are a source of excellence and you don’t need to find it elsewhere.
You have the potential to do great things!