Week 4: Self Care for your Body
So far we’ve learnt about self care, discovered our self-care list, looking after our mind and now it’s time to get our body in loving shape.
It’s important to understand that you don’t need to exercise for an hour a day or go to the gym lifting weights. This isn’t what self-care for the body is all about.
YES it’s important for our overall health and wellbeing to move our bodies each day, but for each person it’s different.
Self care for the body is all about doing physical things that make you happy AND have a positive effect on your body. Now it’s time to incorporate some extra body love each day and guess what? You don’t need more than 5 minutes if you are super busy!
Here are some examples of some body self-love activities you can start implementing each day. Only a few minutes daily can make a big difference on your wellbeing!
- Get 15 minutes of sun
- Move and feel your body – run, walk, dance
- Have a short nap
- Stretch and release tension
- Eat a healthy nourishing meal using all your senses (smell it, touch it, taste it, enjoy the visual of what it looks like!)
- Lay on the grass with no shoes on
- Stand in some water and feel the sensation
- Close your eyes and listen to the sounds around you
Your body responds not just to physical movement, but to sensory actions.
What are some sensory things you can do each day that take up no time at all but have a big impact on your body?
What does your body self-care list look like?