Week 3: Self Care Ideas for the Mind
Today we are going to focus on the mind. Your mental health is just as important as the food you eat. Today’s world means we are fitting much more into our day leaving room for stress to creep in and take charge. If you feel stressed, anxious, overworked or generally unhappy or uninspired then it is even more important to give your mind some extra space and calmness.
Many of us find it difficult to quieten the mind so here are a few ways you could start to take care of yourself which literally can take up only 5 minutes a day!
- Sit outside and watch the clouds for 5 minutes
- Listen to your favourite song with your eyes closed
- Meditate for 10 minutes
- Read a positive book or magazine
- Unplug for an hour – flight mode on all devices and recharge
- Focus on your breathing – take a few deep breathes in and exhale out what doesn´t serve you anymore (emotions, energy, words…)
With a healthy self care routine for the mind you’ll be well on your way to feeling better in no time. Sometimes it can take just 5 minutes in your day to change how it is going.
What are some of your favourite ways to clear the mind and look after your mental health to destress at the end of the day?